hostgator coupons BATAS: Andrew's Album Of The Week

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Andrew's Album Of The Week

Akira Yamaoka
Silent Hill 2 Original Soundtrack
2001

-

As anyone who has known me for anything length of time can certainly declare, I absolutely adore and cherish the music of Akira Yamaoka; its purely emotive sensibilities transcend at least half of my library instantly, relying on an awareness of atmosphere, arrangement and composition I have yet to hear from another electronic-based artist.  The Silent Hill 2 soundtrack is arguably his most popular work, though I admit I am a bit too invested to a choose a favorite amongst his other offerings; nevertheless, I've been playing this particular recording a lot in an attempt to cope with the bleak feelings that haunt my days and nights, and recommend it most highly to those with a similar emotional canvas.

- - -