hostgator coupons BATAS: Fashion Scene, // Jan. 1: A trip down memory lane, part deux.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Fashion Scene, // Jan. 1: A trip down memory lane, part deux.

You guys! I hope your New Years Eve didn't suck as bad as mine did! Everything from the pre-dinner rants to the post-dinner urghs and aahs of having simply too much to eat was so much fun but as soon as we left the house it was like there were Sergeant Buzzkills everywhere! Kids were throwing cherry bombs at people during the fire work (which started 10 minutes late and thus midnight kinda just passed by like "Oh hey guys it's midnight... Happy New Year I guess?") drunken people kept harassing me and my friend after we left the "party"(we actually ended up at a fucking tavern where only the owners and their grandchildren were having a drink, wtf guys?) so alas I was in bed by 3 AM.

It was a total bummer and I can honestly say I will never celebrate New Years with this particular group of people, which I love, but simply don't share the same ideas about ringing in a new year with!

Okay I'll stop the nagging now (cause I'm getting angry again haha) and proceed to what this blog post really is about: A photodump of my favourite outfits of the past year!


Alright the first picture is actually totally horrible I swear to god I don't really look like that in real life! Haha. Anyway, as you can tell I've never been a fan of truely wintery outfits. I'd rather just wear lightweight tops with a cardigan (or two cardigans) and thus bundle up in layers. In retrospect, I haven't really worn the dress on the right all that often, even though I still love it dearly! I busted the zipper after wearing it once in the Spring (don't you just hate it when fabric gets stuck in the zipper?) and I kind of forgot about it because it was so unbelievably hard to get in and out of the dress with the zipper being half undone, haha. This particular dress was actually on my list of dresses to wear for New Years, but when I put it on again I came to the conclusion it was a bit too casual/kiddylike to be wearing with tights and brogues (because there's no way in hell I'm wearing heels when going out haha).


I had a long break from serious blogging when in doubt about school and the path life was taking (basically because I was constantly in PJs haha) but then summer was here and the need to wear pretty outfits had taken over. The black maxi dress is a serious pain in the ass to wear because it's too long and shapeless for my frame so I have to wear it with a belt and a jacket in order for me to not look like a giant piece of cloth. Might have to figure something out before Spring is back! I do however, love how long my hair is in the left pic. Jesus I wish it would be that length again! I'm definitely going to try and grow it out for Summer, yet I'm keeping the straight bangs like in the right pic. The bag I'm wearing there is practically dying by the way, I bought it a few years back at Bershka and last Summer it made a true comeback! I'm actually sad about it ripping apart!


These two outfits were typical for my fucked up hip situation. The truly loyal reader might remember that I had an inflamed tendon in my hip for which I had a shit ton of sessions of physiotherapy - well I wore nothing but leggings during that month and a half, haha. Also, I can't wait to wear my denim jacket again! 


I went through a little wardrobe crisis when I started my job, and I still sort of do. It's hard to find a balance between my "current" cutesy wardrobe and the London cool AllSaints does. I'm always joking that I need two closets, one for my "old" clothes and everything I got from AllSaints, haha, because really, the two are pretty much impossible to mix (except for the basic pieces, obviously)!

Overall, my style hasn't really changed all too much over the course of the year, unless you count make up, hair and trivia! I got a fresh hair cut (straight bangs) and started exploring the world of make up. My favourite look is most definitely the 50s pin-up thing with the liquid eye liner cat eyes and the red lips, it's pretty much my day to day look now. Also, I got my nose pierced, and as of last Tuesday, the stud has been replaced for a ring, yay me! Stay tuned for pics (even though the wound is slightly reddish right now, uh-oh)!

Again, you guys, have a wonderful 2011! Stay kewl!